Thursday, November 11, 2010

Assessment Education Issue

The presentation on assessment in terms of NCLB and other areas was very good! I liked the station type presentation style and each station had a very different and engaging of making their points. I liked the board game a lot, and I liked that I won! It was clear that a lot of effort was put into that aspect of the presentation. Scenarios are always fun, so I enjoyed being able to act out a skit as well. It really helped me understand the concept of how assessments are done, who can be exempt, and some things that determine how one does on an assessment. The station where we were able to make accommodations for students based on situations that they have outside the classroom was very well done as well. It helped us brainstorm ways that we can accommodate assessments for students. It is something that will come up many times is our teaching careers, so it is good to start thinking of solutions now.
All in all, the presentation was very well done. It seems this group put a lot of time in effort in their presentation through the construction of their Wix page and hook activity which was very well done as well. You all did a great job, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment